Sometimes you don’t want a certain GIF on your account anymore. It’s OK, change is a good thing. GIFs can only be deleted by the user who uploaded the content; that user has to be logged-in to do so. For this reason, we recommend creating an account before you upload GIFs, so that you can have access to deletion and more of the advanced features of having a GIPHY Account! You can learn more about joining GIPHY here. Here's how to delete a GIF from your account.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your account. Navigate to the Log In button on the top right of giphy.com and sign on in!
- Navigate to the edit console of the GIF. From your channel page, hover over the GIF and select the edit pencil in the upper right hand corner of the GIF. On that GIF's detail page, the edit pencil is located on the lower right hand corner of the GIF itself.
- Choose Delete This GIF. The delete option is located on the lower right hand corner of the edit panel.
On the GIPHY app:
- Make sure you’re logged in to your account. Navigate to the Log In page or tap the yellow user icon in the lower right-hand corner to navigate to your channel.
- Click on the individual GIF you’d like to delete. Below the GIF, you will see three vertical dots: tap these!
- Choose Delete. After you’ve opened the extended options, you should see the option to Delete. Tap delete!
On mobile web:
The option to delete a GIF does not currently exist on GIPHY’s mobile website. Download the GIPHY app or sign in to your account using a desktop computer to complete this action.
If you need to delete a GIF that you uploaded while not logged in, please Contact Support; we will give you a hand. You will need to have the direct link to the GIF you uploaded.