GIPHY offers a one-click solution to turn any GIF into a perfectly looped 15 second .mp4, that you can upload directly to Instagram.
On the GIPHY app:
- In the GIPHY mobile app, tap on the located under any GIF.
- Once you tap the button, it will open a selection of social sharing buttons — tap on the Instagram button.
- Once you tap on the Instagram button, it will automatically open Instagram.
- You will be provided with two options:
- Add the GIF as a post to your Feed.
- Add the GIF to your Instagram Story.
- If you select Feed, an .mp4 (15 second looped GIF) will be pushed into a post.
- If you select Story, an .mp4, (15 second looped GIF) will be pushed into the Story creation tools.
- On giphy.com, click on the GIF that you’d like to post on Instagram.
- Once you click on the GIF, you will be directed to the GIF detail page.
- Click on the Instagram button located on the GIF detail page. The Instagram upload button is located on the right hand side of the GIF under “Share It!” in the GIF detail page.
- Once you click on the Instagram button, you will receive a pop-up with an email form.
- Enter your email and hit Send.
- GIPHY will email you a .mp4 version of your GIF.
- Download the .mp4 onto your phone — and then upload it to your Instagram profile!
Note: The GIF is able to re-sized by pinching or expanding the screen, to ensure the entire GIF is visible in the vertical format of Instagram Stories.