GIPHY offers a one-click solution to turn any GIF into a perfectly looped 15 second .mp4, that you can upload directly to Instagram.
On the GIPHY app:
- In the GIPHY mobile app, tap on the located under any GIF.
- Once you tap the button, it will open a selection of social sharing buttons — tap on the Instagram button.
- Once you tap on the Instagram button, it will automatically open Instagram.
- You will be provided with two options:
- Add the GIF as a post to your Feed.
- Add the GIF to your Instagram Story.
- If you select Feed, an .mp4 (15 second looped GIF) will be pushed into a post.
- If you select Story, an .mp4, (15 second looped GIF) will be pushed into the Story creation tools.
- On giphy.com, click on the GIF that you’d like to post on Instagram.
- Once you click on the GIF, you will be directed to the GIF detail page, select Share from the options on the right side of the GIF.
- Click on the Instagram button from the options. .
- Once you click on the Instagram button, you will receive a pop-up with an email form.
- Enter your email and hit Send.
- GIPHY will email you a .mp4 version of your GIF.
- Download the .mp4 onto your phone — and then upload it to your Instagram profile!
Note: The GIF is able to re-sized by pinching or expanding the screen, to ensure the entire GIF is visible in the vertical format of Instagram Stories.