Looking to hire a GIF artist for your next project? You’ve come to the right place. There are thousands of digital artists using GIPHY, many of whom are regularly looking for new clients. Here is our guide to hiring a GIF Artist on GIPHY!
Find the artist
The GIPHY Artist directory houses the verified artists on GIPHY. Visit giphy.com/artists to see artists most recently active or browse alphabetically.
Alternatively, GIFs by artist are part of the search results for any term you search on GIPHY. Use the search bar on giphy.com to find artists.
- Search a term. Gather results by searching a range of terms related to your campaign. For artist-heavy results, try also searching for more generic art tags (ex. illustration, 3D, stop motion, animation..etc).
- Browse results. Toggle between GIFs and Stickers for more variety.
- Identify the artist. Click into a GIF you like and look for the Username on the left side of the GIF.
- See more by that artist. Click the icon alongside the artist's username to reveal their full channel.
Check them out
Artist channels on GIPHY are reserved for non-commercial purposes. We recommend browsing the artist’s GIFs and Stickers but also clicking to the additional portfolio and social links on the artist’s channel to get a better idea of their creative services.
Reach out to the artist you’re thinking of hiring directly via the contact on their website. Artists across disciplines and countries use GIPHY so it’s important to be forthcoming and clear about the opportunity at hand.
Engage in Best Practices
- Consider your ask. Take a look at the scope of work and consider the opportunity from the artist’s point of view.
- Offer fair rates. Show artists you value their time by starting off with a fair rate that accurately matches the scope of work.
- Value originality. Give artists the opportunity to create something new for you rather than a copycat of something that already exists.
- Edits = $. If the scope of work becomes much larger than what was agreed upon, consider additional compensation for additional work.
- Tag the artist. Whether you’re planning to use the work on your GIPHY channel or elsewhere, tagging the artist means exposure to new audiences.
- Pay on time. Simple as that.
Please do not solicit artists. Bribing artist for services other than creative services (such as access to the GIPHY search index) is prohibited. Companies reported for solicitation will be investigated and banned.