Tags play a big part in determining what content is returned when you search on GIPHY. In fact, content will not appear in keyword searches at all unless they have tags. Tags should not contain a hashtag or punctuation of any kind.
Here are instructions for tagging your GIFs, Stickers, and Clips:
Tag During Upload:
- Add GIFs and Stickers via Upload or Create and locate the Add Tags field
- Type in tags one by one or use a comma to enter multiple tags at once
- Click the plus sign or hit Enter to add the tag
- If you are uploading multiple pieces of content at once, the tags entered under the Bulk section will be added to each upload. You can also add individual tags to specific pieces of content within the bulk upload by clicking on the Add Tags field underneath the content.
Edit Your Tags:
- Hover over the GIF to reveal and select the rainbow "edit" pencil
- Type in tags one by one or use a common to enter multiple tags at once
- Click the plus sign or hit Enter after each tag
Entering more than 20 tags will result in an error. You may not use tags as a way to spam inappropriate search results or create hateful or threatening content. For more information, please review our Content Tagging Guidelines.