Text stickers function the same way regular GIPHY stickers do, except they only feature words! They can be used in messaging, and layered over photos to help you express your thoughts, and feelings in a whole new way!
Making a text sticker is easy! To make one, follow the same steps you normally would to make a sticker. Create your text sticker, remove the background of your GIF file, and export it on alpha. More info on how to make a sticker can be found here!
Here are some tips and tricks to make your text stickers the best they can be!
- Keep it short and sweet! Text stickers with too many words in them can be hard to read, so use as few words as possible to form one cohesive sentence, phrase, or thought.
- Text stickers should only display words, or keyboard characters. No other iconography should be added to the sticker.
- The text must animate. This includes blinking, flashing, and any other movement so long as the sticker is not static.
- Text should be universal and easy to understand.
- Text must be cut out and stand on its own.
- Small borders around each word are okay, but large backgrounds behind the text will not be considered a text sticker.
- Stickers with embellishments beyond the text such as sparkles, underlines, and other iconography are not permitted.
- Text should be easy to use in conversation, and appeal to a wide audience.
- Text does not have to be in english, but should follow the same guidelines in other languages.
- Text should be colorful, unique, creative and fun!
More info on how to improve overall sticker quality can be found here!
Text stickers must only contain relevant tags. Tags should be kept to a minimum and reflect only the words in the sticker. Acronyms should be tagged in their short and long form.