Discover GIFs + Sound using GIPHY Video!
The video upload option is currently only available to select Artist and Brand channels using giphy.com on desktop only.
- Use Upload to send, store and share videos via GIPHY.
- Choose files to add by dragging and dropping them into your Upload window or by clicking the blue Upload a Video button to browse and select from your files.
- You can Add Tags to your videos, separated by commas, and Add a Source URL to give credit to the original source. You can also change your videos from Public to Private. Private videos cannot be seen by anyone but you when you are logged in, and they can’t be shared.
- Write a Video Title and Video Description that accurately describes the content of your video. The character limit for video's title is 50 characters and 200 characters for the description. All text will appear with your published video however longer description text will appear under a "Read More" arrow.
- Click the Upload to GIPHY button to complete your upload. You can view and edit each video from its video detail page or from your GIPHY channel page.
Watch & Send
- Navigate to giphy.com/videos on desktop or the play icon on GIPHY app for iOS and Android to discover the best GIPHY Videos daily. Alternatively, click the three vertical dots at the top right of giphy.com on desktop to navigate to the landing page for Videos or select the surrounding attribution to discover more GIPHY Videos.
- Press the play icon overlay on top of a video to play that video. The sound is automatically toggled Off on all videos. Click the speaker icon to enable audio.
- Use Share to optimize your video for posting across social media platforms and text messages.
Video Creation Best Practices
- We support a range of aspect ratios and resolutions, however our experience is optimized for 16:9 at 1080p.
- Video uploads are limited to 30 seconds and 100MB.
- Both MP4 and MOV uploads work great.
- Remove superfluous black bars from videos before uploading.