What are GIPHY Stories?
A story is a collection of GIFs with a title and brief description and captions for GIFs. GIPHY Stories supports storytelling through GIFs. This is a great way to contextualize all of your amazing GIPHY content! At this time, story creation is available for upgraded channels only.
Creating Stories using GIPHY Storybook:
- On your channel, click on the “Create a New Story” thumbnail to enter Storybook. This is where your new stories will live! Storybook can also be accessed through the user dropdown on the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Give the story a title, description, & choose a category. These can be edited later on. Click “Next Step: Add GIFs” to continue.
- Add as many GIFs as you’d like! Click “Add GIFs” and browse through your channel, favorites, & the rest of GIPHY. After clicking “Add Selected GIFs”, you’ll be able to add captions. Stories autosave as you add GIFs and make edits.
- When ready, you’ll be all set to publish your story! To publish immediately, go ahead and click “Publish Now”. To publish at a later date, click “Schedule for Later” and choose your desired date & time. Your Story will auto-save, and will remain hidden until that date -- at which point, it will automatically publish and appear visible on your channel!
- Share your Story with the world! If you need to hide or edit your story in the future, hover over the ellipsis in the upper right hand corner of the story’s preview card.
Need ideas for GIPHY Stories?
Here are some of the recommended formats for Partners to consider:
Recap – Recap your latest episode, game or batch of content, or anticipate an upcoming release.
Spotlight – Highlight a favorite character, moment, or meme.
Reactions – Showcase the best and/or essential Reaction GIFs.
Countdowns - Create a retrospective with a Top 10 list of your most popular GIFs, music videos or looks.
News - Report on the biggest breaking news in politics, pop culture, sports and entertainment.
Weird - Get creative and post stories based on a color, mood or an abstract theme.
• Our recommendation is to have a minimum of 5 GIFs, but you can have as many as 100.
• Keep in mind your stories could be featured on GIPHY.com! Only stories with a compelling, contextualized title will be eligible. Example: "8 GIFs for When You're Feeling Anxious" is better than "Anxious". Additionally, adding the word “GIFs” or “Stickers” helps to optimize for SEO.
• Adding a Story Description not only sparks curiosity, but it also helps for SEO. Keep these between 100 and 150 characters, and include the words "GIF" or "GIFs" as well.
• Give every GIF a full sentence caption when possible! Under 123 characters for each is the ideal.
• The popular “Listicle” format is great for SEO.