Make video calls more animated with GIPHY Backdrop. Find, upload, remix and download animated Backdrops to use as virtual backgrounds on your video calls. Visit giphy.com/backdrop to get started.
GIPHY Backdrop is only supported for logged in desktop users. Visit GIPHY using a desktop computer and sign in to your account to use Backdrop.
Quickly find and download featured Backdrops.
- Scroll down to Grab & Go to see featured Backdrops available for download.
- Use the carousel arrows to see more Backdrops.
- Hover over GIFs and select to download your desired Backdrop.
Turn your GIFs and Videos into customized Backdrops.
- Select Upload to create a GIPHY Backdrop using a file from your computer. Alternatively, Choose Starter to remix one of GIPHY’s featured Backdrops.
- Select an MP4 or MOV (recommended) or a PNG, JPG or GIF file to continue. See specs below for more tips.
- Continue to Download or use Edit Tools to Draw, Caption and add Stickers and Filters to your Backdrop.
Use your Backdrop as a virtual background.
- In a Zoom call, click the arrow next to the camera icon at the bottom left of the call window. Select Choose Virtual Background.
- Use + to upload your GIPHY Backdrop.
Please note that Zoom Virtual Backgrounds do not support all devices, visit Zoom’s Help Center for more information.
- Uploads will be cropped to a 16:9 aspect ratio and will load at a minimum resolution of 480x360 pixels (360p) and a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 pixels (1080p).
- Backdrops can have a maximum duration of 1 minute, however 10 seconds is the recommended length.
- Perfect, infinite loops with no breaks at the end create the most fluid looking Backdrops.