Best Practices for Hiring a GIF Artist
- Consider your ask. Take a look at the scope of work and consider the opportunity from the artist’s point of view.
- Offer fair rates. Show artists you value their time by starting off with a fair rate that accurately matches the scope of work.
- Value originality. Give artists the opportunity to create something new for you rather than a copycat of something that already exists.
- Edits = $. If the scope of work becomes much larger than what was agreed upon, consider additional compensation for additional work.
- Tag the artist. Whether you’re planning to use the work on your GIPHY channel or elsewhere, tagging the artist means exposure to new audiences.
- Pay on time. Simple as that.
Please do not solicit artists. Bribing artist for services other than creative services (such as access to the GIPHY search index) is prohibited. Companies reported for solicitation will be investigated and banned.