There are endless ways to make content using our Mobile apps.
Use Create + to add your GIFs and creations to GIPHY so that you can share your GIFs on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, text message, email, and more! Before getting started, just make sure you’re logged into your GIPHY account.
Enter the GIF Creation flow from the Create + button on the upper right hand corner of the home screen, or from the Create a New GIF or Sticker button in the uploads feed of the user tab.
To Create a GIF or Sticker:
You can Record a Gif or Sticker by selecting from the camera options along the bottom. Choose from preset filters or create your own using our live editing tools. To record live, hold the record button to capture a GIF or tap to capture a 3 second burst. You can also choose media from your camera roll using the bottom left button."
If you’ve selected a static image from your camera roll, just remember that GIFs must be animated, so make sure to add some movement during the editing process!
Once you’ve selected your media, it’s time to get creative and start editing using the editing buttons at the bottom of your screen.
• Text - Select this option to add a caption to your GIF. Once you’ve added your text, scroll through to select from one of our preset styles. You can change the color by selecting color from the top of your screen.
• Filters - Select this option to apply filters to your creation. ProTip: Chroma key - allows you to add a background layer to your gif. Swipe to choose from a set of preset gifs as your background or choose your own custom background from your camera roll by tapping the camera roll button in the upper right corner. Rainbow is an animated rainbow overlay filter applied to your creation. You can swipe left right to control speed or pinch rotate to control direction of gradient.
• Stickers - Select this option to add stickers to your creation. Use the layer menu found at the top right to easily control the layering order of your stickers.
• Trim Media - This allows you to edit the length of your GIF
• Loop Modes - Choose from Normal, reverse, or ping-pong. (iOS only)
You can crop your creation to a variety of aspect ratios by selecting the crop tool located in the upper right corner of your editor at any point during the editing process.
Once you're satisfied with your creation, Select Upload to GIPHY where you can Add Tags to your GIFs. You can also change your GIF from Public to Private. Private GIFs cannot be seen by anyone but you when you are logged in and can't be shared. This step is optional but highly encouraged. Select Upload to GIPHY button again to finish. You will be redirected to your uploads page when it’s complete.