Use Upload to send, store and share content via GIPHY! Before you can upload anything to GIPHY, you'll need to be signed in to your GIPHY account. Learn more about signing up for a GIPHY Account. Our server will automatically recognize the type of file you are uploading, so follow these steps to upload Stickers, GIFs, and Clips.
- Use Upload to add content to your GIPHY channel.
- Choose media to add by dragging and dropping them into your Upload window, clicking choose file to browse your files, or entering a valid media URL. Learn more here about best practices for GIFs. Got multiple pieces of content? Don't waste time uploading one at a time — drag them all onto the window and upload in bulk!
- You can Add Tags (max of 20) to your content, separated by commas, and Add a Source URL to give credit to the original source. You can also change the visibility of content to be Public or Private. Private content cannot be seen by anyone but you when you are logged in, and they can’t be shared. Settings will be applied to all the media in your upload. If you are uploading in bulk, any edit you make under the Add Info section will be applied to all content in your upload, including any tags entered in the “Add Tags (bulk)” field. You can also add different tags to each individual piece of content by clicking on the arrow icon next to each file, and entering text in the “Add Tags” field.
- Click the Upload button to finish. Once upload is complete, you can view/edit each GIF from its GIF detail page and see them all on your channel page.
- You can share content uploaded to your GIPHY channel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, text message, email, and everywhere! Learn more about sharing GIFs here.
If you receive an error upon upload, follow the prompts to correct the issue. If the error is unclear, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
On the GIPHY app:
- Download the GIPHY app and use the + to access our GIFMaker.
- Press & hold on the shutter icon (O) to record a GIF. If you simply tap the icon, it will take a photo instead.
- You will have the option to decorate if you choose. Create a Caption by tapping the Aa button. You can then reposition your caption, edit the text, or remove the caption. Use the other buttons next to the [icon: Aa] button to explore effects, stickers, and other fun decorators for your GIF! Use the scissors to trim your GIF. This step is optional. Select Next to proceed.
- You can Add Tags to your GIFs, separated by commas (no # needed). You can also change your GIF from Public to Private. Private GIFs cannot be seen by anyone but you when you are logged in and can't be shared. This step is optional but highly encouraged. Please note, there is no way to add a Source URL during the upload process via our app, but this can be added later by editing the GIF on Desktop or Mobile Web.
- Tap Upload to GIPHY! You will be redirected to the GIF page when it is complete.
- You can share your GIF slideshow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, text message, email, and everywhere! Read more about sharing GIFs on social media.