Making GIFs is easy! Follow this guide to using our simple tools.
Use Upload to add your content to GIPHY so that you can share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, text message, email, and more! Read more about how Upload works.
Use GIF Maker to take it one step further and create, edit, and add captions to animated GIFs from video files and YouTube links. Just like uploading GIFs, you'll need to be signed into your GIPHY account to create GIFs.
- Add your Content - Drag and drop a file into the GIFMaker screen to get started or enter a URL into the URL bar. Videos must be under 100MB and less than 15 seconds long. Accepted file formats include: JPG, PNG, GIF, MP4,MOV, and Webm.
- Create Layers - Select from the captions editor or the sticker button.
- Captions - This feature allows you to add captions to your GIF. You can then reposition your caption, edit the text, or remove the caption.
- Stickers - This gives you access to the entire GIPHY sticker library. Personalize your creation using as many stickers as you like.
- Edit your Layers - Select the layer tool to customize your design by trimming each layer to appear and disappear as needed.
- Crop - Not loving the size of your creation? Crop it! Choose from Original, Portrait, Landscape and Custom. This step is optional.
- Continue to Upload - select this button once satisfied with your creation. Here you will be promoted to Add Tags, separated by commas (no # needed), and add a Source URL to give credit to the original source. You can also change your GIF from Public to Private. Private GIFs cannot be seen by anyone but you when you are logged in and can't be shared. This step is optional but highly encouraged.
- Select Create GIF button to finish. You will be redirected to the GIF page when it is complete.
You can now share your GIF on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, text message, email, and everywhere! Read more about sharing GIFs on social media.