What are GIPHY Clips?
Clips on GIPHY are essentially GIFs + Sound. When creating video Clips, focus on short, shareable trending moments, actions or highlights that people would want to send to each other, and get rid of all the rest. GIPHY Clips is meant to spark conversations and encourage sharing.
Video creation is only available for select Brands and Artists.
Duration: 30 seconds or less
File Type: Mp4 or mov
Aspect Ratio: between 9:16 minimum and 16:9 maximum
Resolution: Up to 4k
File Size: 100MB max
Audio: Must include sound - background music only is discouraged and sound should be relevant to uploaded video.
Please remove superfluous black bars and do not include end cards or CTAs.
How to Upload?
- Log In to your upgraded partner or artist channel
- Visit www.giphy.com/upload
- You can drag in your file or multiple files or select Choose File under Clips. Please note: If you are uploading multiple Clips at a time, you can edit the metadata in bulk under Add Info. Or, you can edit individual clips by selecting the down arrow below the Clip prior to upload.
- Clips will automatically get the title associated with your File Name. To edit, click on the pencil icon next to your file name. You can edit the video description (200 characters or less, please), below the clip preview.
- Click the Upload button to finish.