What are GIPHY Clips?
Clips on GIPHY are essentially GIFs + Sound. When creating video Clips, focus on short, shareable trending moments, actions or highlights that people would want to send to each other, and get rid of all the rest. GIPHY Clips is meant to spark conversations and encourage sharing.
Clips creation is only available for select Brands and Artists.
Duration: 30 seconds or less
File Type: Mp4 or mov
Aspect Ratio: between 9:16 minimum and 16:9 maximum
Resolution: Up to 4k
File Size: 100MB max
Audio: Must include sound - background music only is discouraged and sound should be relevant to uploaded video.
Please remove superfluous black bars and do not include end cards or CTAs.
How to Upload?
- Log in to your Verified partner or artist channel
- Visit www.giphy.com/upload
- You can drag in your file, multiple files, or select Choose File under “Clip”. Please note: If you are uploading multiple Clips at a time, you can edit the metadata in bulk under Add Info. Or, you can edit individual clips by selecting the down arrow below the Clip, prior to upload.
- Clips will automatically populate the title of your file name. To edit the Clip Title, click on the pencil icon next to your file name. You can edit the video description below the clip preview.
- Tips for adding Clips metadata:
• Title: 50 character limit
• Description: 200 character limit
• Tagging: Tag all the relevant keywords like talent or character names, locations, property names, season, episode, song title, etc.
• Rating: Assign an appropriate rating based on GIPHY’s Content Rating Guidelines. Please note that ratings will be reviewed and could be adjusted by our moderation system to more accurately reflect our content policies.
6. Click the Upload button to finish.